7/15/2009

Episode 3: Comedy Spotlight Talent Search Contest Winner


[drum intro]

This is the Michael Christopher Program. I'm your host Michael Christopher.

Before I start the show, I'd like to acknowledge the Comedy Spotlight Talent Search Contest winner...


Since announcing the contest on last week's program, the audio and video recordings have just poured in.

I understand my staff had a difficult time sorting through the hundreds of contest entries we received.

They eventually narrowed them down to a top 25 for me to choose a winner from.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a performance, but the entry that impressed me the most was the video from prop comic Miguel C.

Miguel joins us now in studio.


Host: Miguel?

Miguel: Sí.

Host: First off, congratulations.

Miguel: Gracias.

Host: Would you treat us all now to a performance here on the show?

Miguel: Listo?

[wood block sound effects]

Host: Aha ha ha ha...

[noisemaker sound effects]

Host: Uh!

[pan falling sound effect]

Host: Aha ha ha.

[more noisemaker sound effects]

[water sound effect]

Host: Ha, ha ha.

[forks clanking]

Host: Oh man. Thanks for being here with us in the studio, Miguel C. everybody.




Now here with a review of the movie Brüno is our resident movie critic Mike Christopher.

Mike: Thanks, Michael. Brüno is the new mockumentary by Sacha Baron Cohen, the star of Borat.

And like that film, this new one, Brüno, uses an off-the-wall character to make fun of people who are not in on the joke.

To this reviewer, it was funny, but won't hold up as a timeless classic, because many of the jokes were dependent on current events.

Overall, I'd give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Host: Why not give it 7 stars out of 10? That way you wouldn't have to do fractions.

Mike: 10 stars? That's ridiculous.

Host: I forgot, you have a certificate in movie criticizing from the Film Institute of America.

Mike: I wasn't "awarded" a "certificate" by an institute. I earned my Doctorate in Movie Criticology from the prestigious Shalit University.

Host: My mistake, I apologize. Dr. Mike Christopher, movie critic.



It's Wednesday, and time for the ________.

[_______ theme]

Today on the ________, we'll discuss how much _____ really affects your everyday life,

current _____ prices,


the possible heath benefits of _____,

new ways to decorate your home using _____,

and where we'll get our _____ in the future.

But first, let's check the time...

3 minutes 4 seconds, 3 minutes 7 seconds, 3 minutes 10 seconds, 3 minutes 13 seconds.

[_______ theme]

______, a copywritten feature of this podcast.





The Michael Christopher Program is privileged to be joined in studio this week by country recording artist Steve Pain.


Host: Steve, thanks for being here with us.

Steve: Howdy.

Host: I was really impressed by your new record, Wet Backtracking.

Steve: Well, to tell you the truth, I had help from a boogie-woogie music producer, but he's one of the good ones.

Host: I see.

Steve: Is we on the radio?

Host: Well, sort of. This is audio that people are listening to somewhere.

Steve: That's good, cause there's only one thing worse than being on the radio, and that's not being on the radio, uha-ha huh.

Host: Um...

Steve: You may have heard of States Invaders, I named that after my favorite video game, Space Invaders.

Yeah, that was my biggest record. Although, they're all the same size. Uh-ha-ha.

I've got a copy of that one out in my truck; I can go get one for you.

Host: Please... don't do that. I see you've got your guitar there.

Steve: Yeah, ol' Stella.

Host: Could you play us a song?

Steve: Sure thing. [Steve starts playing] This one's off my new album, Big ol' Tree.

Host: Bigotry?

Steve: Yeah! The kind they use for hangins.


Host: We're out of time!

Steve: God bless the USA!


Until next time, this has been the Michael Christopher Program.


[outro]


No comments:

Post a Comment